[Zope-dev] Zope Filesystem

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:43:51 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

> Sorry if this is brought up excessively.
>
> I'm wondering if we have any ongoing project to provide Zope with a
> filesystem driver for Linux. I understand there's the question of object
> semantics being mapped onto files, but AFAICS as soon as that's decided
> it's a relatively easy task, no?

I cannot see an easy way to map transaction boundaries (not to mention the
management screens which rely on acquisition) on the filesystem. But I
agree with you that for the context part CVS
might be more powerful. I suppose a compromise could be achieved by having
DTMLMethods/Documents and Folders represented on the filesystem and use an
'import tool' to import them into Zope, which can already be done to some
extend.

Pavlos