[Zope-dev] asynch I/O in external method question

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:50:58 -0800

Is there a way to hook into the asynchronous machinery of Zope/Zserver
from within an external method.  I have to process credit cards over a
modem, which takes approximately 10 seconds per transaction, during
which, whatever thread is executing the external method is blocked,
waiting for a response from the credit card server.  I suppose that this
means that as soon as I have 7 credit cards being processed
simultaneously, my Zope is going to stop responding.   If I had a way to
hook into the asynch machinery of zope, that thread could happily be
servicing other requests while it waits.  Is this possible?

--sam

--
Sam Gendler