[Zope-dev] Zope IDE

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:42:55 +0100

From: "JB" <jimbag@kw.igs.net>
> I've been poking thru the archives of this list and there was a brief
> thread regarding a Zope IDE back in January. I wondered if there has
> been any futher discussion/development in this area. Recently I put
> together simple a way to edit DTML src via the Medusa FTP, mainly
> because I've had it trying to edit src in Netscape. I've been poking
> around looking into XML-RPC as a way to do management without having
> that *&^%@$#^$ browser in the way and wondered if anything was happening
> in that dept, or if anyone was interested to have anything happen in
> that dept. BTW, I have checked out the Mozilla list too. Another browser
> isn't it?

Mozilla is another browser, yes. Zope Studio is an IDE for Zope build using
Mozilla as a framework. We use it's cross-platform GUI widgets for our
interface, and we use it as a application framework. You will be downloading
a seperate application, but this will (probably) be automated for you by
Mozilla.

I am using your ZopeEDIT to do the Use Cases for it though =) This is on
Windows 98 (I haven't had time to switch over yet, Debian potato is
installed, but is yet to be fully configured..). It works like a charm.

Martijn Pieters