[Zope-dev] Missunderstanding of DTML Methods and acquisition?

Walter Brunner walter@brunner.at
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:09:13 -0000

I have the following problem:

There is a folder /img (containing Images).

There should be a DTML-Method IManager (for managing the Images) in the
folder /.

There is a DTML-Document index_html somewhere in the hierachy (let's say
/user/regions)

If I call the following line from /user/regions/index_html:
    <dtml-var "img.objectIds(['Image'])">
everything is OK. (I get a list of all images)

If I call the following line from /user/regions/index_html:
   <dtml-var "IManager()">
and IMangaer has the folling line:
    <dtml-var "img.objectIds(['Image'])">
there is this error message:
    Error Type: NameError
    Error Value: img

Why can't I call img.objectIds(...) from the DTML-Method? I also tried
putting IManager to the img-folder, but the result was the same.

Please help!

Walter