[Zope-dev] Problem uploading large files

Alexander Limi alexander@limi.net
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:03:27 +0100

From: Jeff Rush [mailto:jrush@taupro.com]:

> I would think using ZServer directly would be better, since it removes
> additional variables from the problem.  Another tool might be a logging
> proxy, that will tell you where the protocol breaks down, and whether
> there is anything funny with the HTTP header lines.  There is Wsnitch
> on the Gnome site, and another one I can't remember the name of
> on the python.org site.  I've used the latter one some months ago.

We switched Medusa with Apache, and everything works perfectly. I take this
as a pretty stong indication that there is something wrong in the Medusa
code base somewhere. I'm not competent enough to sniff it out, But Medusa
obviusly has problems handling uploads that use 30-40 minutes or more.

We would like to be able to use the ZServer/Medusa combination, but as of
now we have to run Apache/PCGI so our customers can complete their uploads.
If you need more information from us on this, don't hesitate to contact us.
We'll be as helpful as we can in hunting down the bug(s).

Regards,

Alexander Limi.
http://mp3.no