[Zope-dev] ZScheduler version 0.0.3

Loren Stafford lstaffor@dynalogic.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:07:59 -0800

Alpha version 0.0.3 of ZScheduler, available at
http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/ZScheduler/ supports subclassing ZEvent
in a ZClass, which should make it much more useful. You can override the
"reschedule" method in the ZClass to implement your own rescheduling policy.
For example, a reschedule method that simply says:

    <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('ZEventTime', REQUEST.ZEventOldTime + 1.0/24)">

causes the ZEvent to be repeated hourly.

This is alpha software, tested with Zope 2.1.4 on Windows 98 only. Don't
deploy in a production environment. I've had one report that it "freezes"
Zope on Linux, but no details. My plans are to test next on Solaris, later
on Linux.

-- Loren