[Zope-dev] interesting html_quote puzzle

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:01:50 -0800

[Sam Gendler, on Fri, 24 Mar 2000]
:: I have a form field on a page that is the first page in a multi page
:: wizard.  This means that the values from the first page must be embedded
:: in the subsequent pages as hidden fields.
::
:: How can I deal with someone putting a double quote (") in a text box.
:: When I put the hidden field in the page the value="<dtml-var field>"
:: seciton winds up with extra quote marks, wreaking havoc with the
:: browser.  If I html quote or url quote the value of a hidden field, the
:: browser does not un-quote it before quoting it again for transmission.
:: This ileaves me with a permanently quoted value, which is unacceptable
:: for reasons that I won't go into right now.
::
:: Any thoughts?

string.replace(string, '"', ''')?