[Zope-dev] Zope-dev : consistence naming

Sin Hang Kin kentsin@macau.ctm.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:23:47 +0800

> > request before sending it back.  I could be wrong.  What ver of Zope are
> > you using?
> >
> > -Michel
> Consistent, everywhere?  This would require incredible re-writing and
> probably break alot.  We'd rather come up with some newer, cleaner
> interfaces and deprecate the old ones.  You're in luck, because now you
> can propose new interfaces and corrections for existing ones, complete
> with your prefered unified naming convention at the Interfaces Wiki:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/Projects/Interfaces

Just want to introduce a set of alias into the default installation oodb,
and change all documentation. This will not break any existing apps. You
should known how painful a newcomer learn zope just because of the existing
syntax.

> > 2. move un-necessary codes from the zope kernel to user space: <base>
<lang>

> I'm not sure what you mean by user space.  Zope is pretty well
> segmented, we do need to clean up the application itself a bit.

Currently, many things like the automaticaly generated <base> tag, the
background color, text size etc were build into the source code. Also, the
management interfaces were partically hard-coded in python, while possible,
i sggest these can be moved to dtml and allow more flexability.

And there are many things can be done, but not make into a product or how
to. I origianlly hope to learn from  PTK, but it grow too complicate for a
newbee to follow. Zope does not just for the developer and expert, it should
make oridinally web author feel easy.

Rgs,

Kent Sin