[Zope-dev] Object persistence problems...

Brett Carter bacarter@kavi.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:11:29 -0800 (PST)

Here's the beef:
I've got a product I wrote in python that defines what amounts to a
factory function that creates new objects of type 'foo' - let's call it
manage_addFoo.  The 'foo' class is of course defined in this same product.
I've also created another class called fooFolder which simply contains the
line:
addFoo = manage_addFoo
I then inherit this class into a new ZClass I define, simply so I can
access the method manage_addFoo without needing the Manager role.
However, when I call the addFoo function from dtml, I get an object which
dissapears whenever I restart zope -- it appears in the management
interface but when I try to access it, it can't be found.  Even more
interesting is that when I create the exact same object via the management
interface, it works fine, and is still there after I restart zope.  What
gives?