[Zope-dev] ZServer speed enhancement (I hope)

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:19:47 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Brian Lloyd wrote:

> > I got to poking around inside medusa's guts and said, "Hey,
> > asyncore.poll() is the innermost loop, why not rewrite it in
> > C?" So I did.
> >
> > <snip>
> > I hope that for heavily loaded sites with many
> > connections that
> > it will produce a noticable performance improvement. But then, you
> > probably shouldn't try this on a heavily-loaded site yet,
> > unless you can
> > tolerate some downtime... If you want to make this a standard piece of
> > Zope (or medusa), that's okay by me, just let me know.
>
> Andy -
>
> Do have any sense yet of the speedup? Just some basic load tests
> using ab against a specific set of URLs with and without the patch
> would provide some not-very-scientific-but-still-useful feel for
> how big the win is...

To be honest, no idea whatsoever. I simply do not have a heavily-loaded
ZServer to try it on. But I may have some additional improvements later
today.

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d