[Zope-dev] ZServer speed enhancement (I hope)

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:25:31 -0500 (EST)

I've whipped up another version:

ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/adustman/_asyncore-0.0.1.tar.gz

This is not a bug fix; no bugs found yet. It should offer slightly more
speed improvement. This version depends on the fact (or at least, I hope
it's a fact) that fileno() on an object in the socket_map does not change
over time (modifies asyncore.py to store fileno() as the value in
socket_map; previously always stored 1 as a placeholder).

You will need to undo the patch to asyncore.py from the previous one to
apply the new patch (another couple lines, pitiful, really).

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d