[Zope-dev] absolute_url() and DTML Methods

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Mon, 1 May 2000 23:56:55 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 10:27:56AM -0700, David Brown wrote:
> Why is it that when I call absolute_url() on a DTML Method, I get the
> URL of the enclosing container, not the DTML Method within that
> container?

I think (but I am a newbie) that's the difference between dtml methods
and documents. Methods simply act as methods to the containing folder and
document are "real" objects. Thus moving from a method to a document
should change this behaviour.

> Is there an equivalent method that will give me the real location of the
> DTML Method?

Well, this I actually don't know..

best,
  Christian