[Zope-dev] Adding Pike ability to Zope

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Mon, 01 May 2000 20:02:41 -0500

Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> scribbled:

> I guess chuck it in the collector as a suggestion.
>
> If you give it a high priority, Tres Seaver will probably get back to you
> soon :-)

What, you think I have a kibobot running here?

> http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector

Exactly -- here is the recipe, in case you aren't yet diff-aware:

 1. Check out the latest CVS tree (see http://www.zope.org/Resources/CVS for
    how).

 2. Modify lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py to support your patch.

 3. Create a "context" or "unified" patch against the original, e.g.::

      cvs diff -c lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py

    or::

      cvs diff -u lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py

 4. Submit it as "Feature Request w/ Patch", cutting and pasting the output
    from step #3 into the "Patch" field.

Your chance of getting the patch accepted soonest correlates strongly with:

 * How easy it is to apply (which is why I recommend checking out the
   "latest-and-greatest" CVS first -- patches against earlier versions
   are painful to apply and test).

 * How easy it is to understand ("easy" patches, with clear intents and
   "obvious" scope qualify as "low-hanging fruit" when triage time hits).

Tres.

Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com   tseaver@palladion.com