[Zope-dev] Building Zope on Win

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 19:19:30 -0700

Christian Wittern wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Tired of waiting for a new release, I would like to build Zope from CVS. I
> already downloaded the files, but I am a bit at a loss how to proceed. What
> compiler should I use (I'd prefer the free one from Borland). Documentation
> in this area is pretty sparse. Is there any config to edit or so?

We use Microsoft's compiler to compile the distributed binary.  I
believe somewhere on the Zope site (look in the CVS instructions)
someone has come up with a project file to help.  I think it is
Microsoft specific.  To date, I've never heard of anyone using the free
borland compiler.

I came a millionth of an inch close to compiling Zope on windows with
the cygwin tools, but it failed eventually due to a stupidity (in
cygwin) that I could not fix.  People have mentioned that using the ming
(myng?) compiler for windows works better.  I have no more information
than that.

There have been rumors though that it can be compiled with these free
tools...

-Michel