[Zope-dev] Re: Alternative Storages: (was RelationalStorage (was LocalFS))

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Wed, 3 May 2000 22:34:24 -0500

At 11:16 PM +0000 5/3/00, Jason Spisak wrote:
[snip]
>> Multiple file storage for the ZODB has been proposed as a solution and
>> there are 2 proposals currently on the ZODB ZWiki. I will add another.
>>
>> Class/Object based db files.
>
>Maybe we are talking about the same thing here.  Are you talking a db (like
>Berkeley) implementation of the MultipleFileStorage?

Some type of MultipleFileStorage. A primary difference in our ideas from my
understanding is in my idea it is a single file per class instead of a file
per object. Which is what I described below.

>> Each class gets it's own db file. This could be similar to the current
>> ZODB file except specific to a class. As objects are created they are
>> appended to the db file for their class. This could be somewhat
>> analogous to tables in an RDBMS.
[snip]

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin