[Zope-dev] Version -> Version Control System??

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 5 May 2000 10:25:24 -0400

> Well, to be more accurate, I think the way the ZODB does this
> now is about 60%
> of the way there. Unfortunately, the last 40% (revision
> numbers, branches,
> cehckouts, etc) could be a real bitch to do.
>
> Comments anyone?

Yes, they could be a real bitch :^) For those interested,
you might take a look at the WebDAV DeltaV project - it
is taking up the task of "web based versioning and
configuration management" that the initial DAV group punted
on. Their draft spec points out many of the issues involved.

In fact, one of our hopes was that by the time we needed
real CM / version control in Zope that someone else like
DeltaV would have solved many of the hairy problems (for
some definition of "solved"). This would allow us to avoid
reinventing wheels and possibly give us the side benefit of
supporting Delta-V directly with trivial effort if their
architecture seems like a good fit.

http://www.webdav.org/deltav/

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909