[Zope-dev] Zope client? (invitation for developers)

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar@maxnm.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 10:48:35 +0300

Lalo Martins wrote:

> load_site is an uploader - if it isn't, you need to update the
> description page. I'm planning on something more sophisticated
> - editing properties, creating objects, the full kit.

wxLoadSite can create folders, delete object, rename objects and of course
upload objects.  Adding edit capabilities wouldn't be hard.  But yes, maybe
that's not what you need - in which case I suggest you download Amos's
ZopeCleint (the example app in his XML-RPC article at xml.com).  It's
simpler than mine, but it may be closer to what you mean.  But then, that's
where ZopeStudio is going.

> Also, I personally have issues with wxPython. But that's not
> important in this context.

I would have used gnome-python, honest, but I needed our graphic artists to
be able to upload pages themselves.  Which I can't do yet with gnome-python.

--
Itamar S.T.  itamar@maxnm.com