[Zope-dev] warning: current SiteAccess (1.0.1) breaks current CVS Zope.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 16:02:58 +0100

Evan Simpson wrote:
> > Poor Evan must get fed up with having to recode SiteAccess every
> > release.
>
> Yep.

*grin*

> Once Jim and I can agree on the details, the fundamental mechanism of
> SiteAccess (the __before_traverse__ hook) *will* become part of standard
> Zope.  The new Traversal interface will make ZCatalog & Co. play nice with
> virtual hosting, and we can all get off the treadmill.  Believe me, I'm
> pushing this as hard as I can.

If there's any more 'pushing' the community can do, let us know :-)

My wishlist:

A SiteRoot object that only becomes active if the incoming request comes
through a given (set of) domain names.

Failing that, SiteRoots (and AccessRules!! ;-) that have the same
interface as SiteAccess but which work with ALL Zope's URL gadgetry
(yes, that includes absolute_url! ;-)

My $0.02,

Chris