[Zope-dev] What causes the failure

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:45:03 +0100

After updating with the latest CVS patches my formerly working
installation now fails with an Authorisation failure. Before I didn't
need a password at all; now even the manager password fails.

Please ZOPE developers, can't we get some information into the trace
back about what object/permission is causing this kind of failure.

Zope Error

Unauthorized
You are not authorized to access this resource.

Username and password are not correct.

Traceback (innermost last):
File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 224, in
publish_module
File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 189, in
publish
File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 161, in
publish
File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\BaseRequest.py, line
460, in traverse
File C:\Python\devel\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line
560, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)

I found one problem already when I found that apparently my permissions
for tiny tables had been modified somehow. In that case I could see the
name of the tiny table that was being requested in the traceback. This
permissions model is already far too complex; without random changes
being introduced as the model is hacked.
--
Robin Becker