[Zope-dev] DCOracle Problem on HPUX

Matthew T. Kromer matt@digicool.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 10:16:53 -0400

Mark Postal wrote:

> I'm running HPUX 10.20 and Oracle 8.0.3.  My goal is to use ZOracleDA,
> but first I must get DCOracle working.  DCOracle compiles OK and I
> am able to connect to the database when executing from the command line.
> My test script is attached for reference.
>
> My problem occurs when running in the Zope environment, as ZOracleDA Product
> or
> an External Method, DCOracle hangs in the oci_8.Logon() method.  I have to
> kill
> the python process to recover from the error.
>
> Yes, I have ORACLE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.
>
> I wrote a new module, just to login to Oracle, using code that I am
> more familiar with.  Again with the same result, it works OK on the
> command line but not in Zope.  I have included that code also, because
> it shows where the hangup is.  In my module it hangs in OCIServerAttach.
>
> Here's where I need help.  In both cases, its actually hanging in an Oracle
> function (OCILogon in oci_8.c and OCIServerAttach in my module).
>
> What might cause this?
>
> Why does it happen in the Zope environment and not in the command line
> environment?
>
> How do I get this working?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mark Postal
> postalm@nosc.mil

Can I ask what version of DCOracle you are attempting to build?  Some of
that code looks like my recent changes with a lot of extra stuff ripped
out; and may be indicative that it needs to be regressed on your
platform at Oracle 8.0.3 *if* that's where it came from.

However, if that's not the case, maybe a recent checkout of the DCOracle
CVS will help; I have made no announcement because the ONLY platform
I've tested on is Linux with Oracle 8.0.5 and 8.1.5; Oracle is variant
enough that this doesn't represent a full validation.

If you can't get DCOracle out of CVS, I'll send a tarball separately.