[Zope-dev] ZPatterns framework improvements

Jephte CLAIN minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
Sat, 20 May 2000 00:24:57 +0400

"Phillip J. Eby" a écrit :
> Good point, but ordinarily one mixes RackMountable with another Zope class
> such as SimpleItem.Item, or uses it as part of a ZClass.  In either case,
> Acquisition gets added in.
SimpleItem.Item only subclasses ExtensionClass.Base, and I got an
AttributeError on __of__ unless my RackMountable subclasses
Acquisition.Implicit also. bizarre isn't it?

> I'm not actually real fond of the DDO term, because "Dynamic Data Object"
> doesn't quite do justice to what these things actually are.  I am
> definitely open to suggestions for a better name.  (Facade?  PlaceHolder?
> InsideOutObject?  ExternalDataObject?  BrainInjectedObject?)
what about "penguin" ? :-)

> Also, while I'm babbling about versions, it's important to note at this
> point that ZPatterns versions below 1.0.0 should be considered subject to
> change even with respect to developer-level API's.  They get more stable as
> the number gets higher, which is why LoginManager changed a lot less
> between 0.8.0 and 0.8.5 than half as much as ZPatterns changed between
> 0.2.0 and 0.3.0.  The change to 0.4.0 will probably be another big jump,
> due to the DDO stuff as well as the Indexes stuff.  Predicates may even
> make it in, in some small way.
Have you got an idea of when 0.4.0 will ship ?

regards,
jephte clain
minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr