[Zope-dev] Please HELP: Nested ZClass, Nested instance

Karl Anderson karl@digicool.com
22 May 2000 15:34:57 -0700

"Park, Karl" <Karl.Park@korea.bowneglobal.com> writes:

> I created a ZClass in the Product folder. And anther ZClass under the
> ZClass(thus nested class)

> To do it, I created a DTML Method which accepts user's input and then, if
> needed, it have to create an object.

> First part is to create the parent object, which works just fine.
> But the sencond part to create the child object doesn't seem to work.
> If I take the easy way, that is, creating othere ZClass on the top of the
> products folder of Control Panel, I can do it.
> But I don't think it is a good desing from the perspective of OOP....

I had some hassles with this recently.  There's a HOWTO at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/gtk/containers

Can you create the child zclass from the manage screen inside the
parent zclass?

Does the parent zclass inherit from ObjectManager before any other
superclasses?

--
Karl Anderson                          karl@digicool.com