[Zope-dev] Session Objects?

Adam Pawliuk apawliuk@aui.ca
Tue, 23 May 2000 11:08:26 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BFC4A7.37BEB1D0

Hi,

We currently have created a site which stores user information in a =
relational DB, using GUF hooks to manage the security from the users and =
roles in the DB.=20

Although there is several user characteristics that we would like to =
store in a session object cached in server RAM, such as the user's =
unique system ID, greeting name, etc; rather than having to hit the DB =
for this information on each request. Basically we would like to use =
something similar to the session objects in ASP (yuck), or Java =
JSP/servlet model.=20

I've seen several Zope session products although they all seem to hook =
directly to a DB and don't seem to provide memory persistence which is =
what we would like to use.=20

Is there any existing products which do this?

thanks in advance,

Adam

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BFC4A7.37BEB1D0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We currently have created a site which =
stores user=20
information in a relational DB, using GUF hooks to manage the security =
from the=20
users and roles in the DB. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Although there is several user =
characteristics that=20
we would like to store in a session object cached in server RAM, such as =
the=20
user's unique system ID, greeting name, etc; rather than having to hit =
the DB=20
for this information on each request. Basically we would like to use =
something=20
similar to the session objects in ASP (yuck), or Java JSP/servlet model. =

</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've seen several Zope session products =
although=20
they all seem to hook directly to a DB and don't seem to provide memory=20
persistence which is what we would like to use. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there any existing products which do =

this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Adam</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BFC4A7.37BEB1D0--