[Zope-dev] XML to SQL or XML into tables

Thomas Weholt Thomas@cintra.no
Wed, 24 May 2000 12:22:59 +0200

Hello,

Has anybody tried to somehow get xml-data into SQL-statements or in some
other way use xml-data as datasource for insertion into tables?
It shouldn`t be impossible, if we could just agree on some format or DTD to
use.

Ex.

<xml>
	<data>
		<database name="demo">
				<row>
					<field name="user_name"
value="thomas" />
					<field name="sex" value="male" />
					<field name="programming_language"
value="python" />
				</row>
				<row>
					<field name="user_name" value="bill"
/>
					<field name="sex" value="male" />
					<field name="programming_language"
value="java" />
				</row>
		</database>
	</data>
</xml>

This means the demo database and the table users allready exists of course.

Any thoughts? I know this could at least sort out alot of troubles I`m
having right now getting data from external sources into Zope.
I`m going to try and make a product or a method etc. that uses xmllib doing
this, but if anybody has done it allready I`d be very happy do "abuse" their
effort. :->

Thomas