[Zope-dev] [Fwd: ZCatalog.. Again.. I know..]

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:24:03 +0100

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> Last I heard, this bug fix did NOT fix the key-error problem.  We are still
> getting lots of them (but it may have been fixed since in CVS.  Michel?)

This is weird... the bit of code in question was:
lib/python/SearchIndex/Lexicon.py line 132:

        else:
            self._lexicon[intern(word)] = self.counter
            self.counter = self.counter + 1
            return self.counter

Now Michel's patch was to change this to:
        else:
            self.counter = self.counter + 1
            self._lexicon[intern(word)] = self.counter
            return self.counter

However, in the CVS I see it is now:
        else:
            if not hasattr(self, 'counter'):
                self.counter = 0
            self._lexicon[intern(word)] = self.counter
            self.counter = self.counter + 1
            return self.counter - 1

I'm not even going to try and guess which is right, all I know is that I
haven't made either change yet and I'm getting an unacceptable number of
incorrect search results in stock 2.1.6 and would like to sort it out...

Any ideas?

cheers,

Chris