[Zope-dev] russian-specific things

Bo Berkhaut bo@ethereal.ru
Fri, 26 May 2000 12:49:47 +0400

Hi!

As you maybe know, there are at least _three_ standard encodings
for russian cyrillic: koi8-r, which is used in most unices,
Windows codepage 1251 and iso8859-5, which is used in some commercial systems
(like HPUX). The common workaround for this problem is server-side
detection of client OS type. For given OS, web-server decides which encoding
is necessary and recodes the document on-fly. Such functionality is implemented
as an Apache module which is widely used across russian net.

My question is (are you already guessed? good!):
(1) is there anybody implemented such thing for Zope?
(2) if not, what is the right place to implement such functionality?
I mean, what component of Zope should cope whith such things?
Zope architecture is not my best, so maybe some of Zope guys can point me?

Thanks,

--bo

--
bo berkhaut