[Zope-dev] [Fwd: ZCatalog.. Again.. I know..]

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 27 May 2000 12:30:46 +0100

"R. David Murray" wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2000, Chris Withers wrote:
> > This is weird... the bit of code in question was:
> > lib/python/SearchIndex/Lexicon.py line 132:
> [...]
> > Now Michel's patch was to change this to:
> >         else:
> >             self.counter = self.counter + 1
> >             self._lexicon[intern(word)] = self.counter
> >             return self.counter
>
> I patched my 2.1.4 site with the above code, and my key errors
> and wrong-results went away.  My site has 60K records being
> searched, so this constitues a fairly good test.

I'm giving this a try on 2.1.6 and it appears to be working.
However, have you noticed any speed decrease since you applied this
patch?
I'm not sure, but I think cataloging large numbers of objects has
significantly slowed down since I applied it...

cheers,

Chris