[Zope-dev] Ending up with a wrapped object through the web?

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 11:39:22 -0400

> > That did the trick. One oddity, though: I had to
> reauthenticate as the
> > superuser to do it. Shouldn't a Manager be able to import to
> > Control_Panel/Products?
>
> worse yet - you can't import _at_ _all_ outside the control panel.
>
> A manager can't access RoleManager. superuser can't own objects.

Ok - this should be fixed now in CVS. Part of the machinery that
checks whether the user is really allowed to create the type of
object they are importing was failing spuriously because it
expected the object it was checking to be wrapped (which isn't
the case when checking an imported object to see if it can be
added).

Update AccessControl/User.py to get the fix.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909