[Zope-dev] More updates on documentation documentation

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 23:44:48 -0800

I've added more updates on documentation and worked in the comments
recieved from Shane.  To help you help us, I added some text on where we
need the most attention, check the CurrentIssues for more info.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/DocumentationProcess/FrontPage

This process will define how we create documentation at Digital
Creations, and will have far-reaching effects on how each of us
contributes, maintains, and understands documentation.  So far, Amos and
I have proposed a prototype documentation process for synthesis,
authoring, editing, reviewing, delivering, and maintaining documentation
based on our experiences writing the Zope Book.  We have tried hard to
be as realistic as possibly in defining a very workable process, but our
experience is obviously limited to one artifact, and the pain of living
with no real process to date.

We would really like to hear what you all have to say about our proposal
and our prototype.  If you think our prototype has holes in it, please
leave your comments in the wiki and we will take them very seriously.
We would like to hear comments from:

The PythonLabs folks, since they have lots of experience authoring,
maintaining and delivering extremely useful documentation.

The ZDP folks, who represent the segment of the community most
interested in documenting Zope.

The DC geeks, since this process will effect, fundamentally, how we all
do our jobs.

The community developers, since they represent an audience for whom we
have little documentation, and where we will focusing much of our
upcomming efforts.

The community users, since they represent the need for the highest
clarity, best documentation, and because they represent the majority
audience.

In other words, we want to hear from you all!  Our goal is to make
documentation one of Zope's best features, so let us know how you think
we can do that!

Thanks,

-Michel