[Zope-dev] PythonMethods: Can't Slice context.REQUEST.PARENTS

The Doctor What docwhat@gerf.org
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:17:31 -0600

* Dieter Maurer (dieter@handshake.de) [001112 17:12]:
> The Doctor What writes:
>  > ...
>  > Now here is my next problem.
>  >
>  > Using context.REQUEST.PARENTS doesn't give me the DTML Document that
>  > called me (so to speak).
>  >
>  > I have:
>  > /test/new/foo_html
>  >
>  > My PARENTS shows Zope, Test, and New, but doesn't show foo_html.
> "PARENTS" contain the objects from root up to but excluding
> the final object on the URL.
>
> You may try to reference the final object by "this()".

Dieter, thanks for your help, but I'm unsure where to use it.

Using context.this().id, self.this().id, m_self.this().id all get me
the same things:
Folder, Zope, and my method.  None give me the DTML Document
foo_html.

This would seem to be an important thing.

To re-iterate in a different way, it's the same as trying to do:
<dtml-var id> in a DTML Method that is called by a DTML Document.
You expect the id of the DTML Document that called you, not the
Folder that the DTML Document resides in.

Did you mean to do a this().id?  That doesn't work at all, it gives
me a Name Error.

There *must* be a way to do this.

Ciao!

--
It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

The Doctor What: A Holtje Production             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC