[Zope-dev] Local Factories in Products

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:12:01 +0100

Zopers,

In ZClasses it is possible to control where a ZClass instance
should be permitted to be added, in other words show up
in the factory listing in a ObjectManagers manage_main view.
(I this correct by the way?)

What I need to do is someway restrict in what Containers (myContainer
subclass od ObjectManage ) my Zope Product Instances (myClass)
should be abled to be added (show up in the factory list).

When registerClass "myClass" in the initialize method of __init__.py
it seems that the "myClass" gets addable everywhere.

I have temporary solved this by removing the objects registration
from the initialize method and adding manual add factories in the
myContainer. This is bad though because the meta_types doesn't
get registered and maybe some other problems as well.

So how could I control dependencies for adding Zope Classes in
other Zope Classes?

Regards,
Johan Carlsson