[Zope-dev] Principia-Version

Matt Hamilton matth@netsight.co.uk
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:16:53 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,
  I am trying to use Versions and CatalogAwareness at the same time and am
running into problems due to any updates being done whilst under a version
cause the Catalog to become locked to any other updates outside the
version.
  As a workaround I want to modify CatalogAware to not actually do any
index operations when an object is in a version.  But how do I tell (from
python) if I am in a version?  Looking at the management pages I see
<dtml-if Principia-Version>, but I can't seem to access the same
attribute from within python.
  Any ideas on how to do this?  I have searched all the docs, archives and
code and can't find any examples of accessing this information from within
Python.

TIA,
Matt

--
Matt Hamilton                                             matth@netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.              Business Vision on the Internet