[Zope-dev] Trying to catch up - what are the best Zope tools today?

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Wed, 04 Oct 2000 22:10:03 -0700

Itai Tavor wrote:

> Can anyone provide a quick rundown of the best choices for building a
> production site at this time? I'm going to need sessions, user
> registration and login, and the usual array of e-commerce pieces
> (products, carts, orders, payments...), with all data stored in SQL.

As far as user registration and logins, LoginManager in
conjunction with the Membership product seem to have reached
a semi-stable implementation. It took me some serious
skull-sweat to figure them out enough to do SMB
authentication from a Solaris box off of a NT PDC, and some
more to get LM to participate in the local roles machinery,
but once I did, it's been working really well. I assume that
creating an SQL UserSource won't be any more dificult. Good
Luck.

Warning: :-)

The current membership product has not yet been
re-integrated with the PTK, so the implementation (though
stable) may have further architectural changes coming down
the pipe.

HTH,

Michael Bernstein.