[Zope-dev] (no subject)

ralf.herold@charite.de ralf.herold@charite.de
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 20:33:16 +0200

Hello Dieter, dear list readers,

I recently asked how to read in and render the contents of
an external file, which doesn't work anymore using
Zope 2.2.2 an LocalFS' xxx.read(), and You responded that

> The quickest solution for you would be an external method
> that gets the file, performs the "read" and returns the result.

Now I use in an external method fsreadin a .py-module with

import sys
def readinfile (self, html):
    """Ralf Herolds way to read in local file objects."""
    file = open(html, "r")
    filecontent = file.read()
    file.close()
    return filecontent

which is referenced in a DTML method by
<dtml-var "fsreadin('/tmp/var/thewantedtext.html')">.

It works, but I almost cannot believe that this is that
simple - am I missing something, is security a concern?

Thanks for answering, Yours. Ralf Herold