[Zope-dev] Re: Hippo Feed and Acquisition

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:00:18 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > Thats fine until:
> >
> <snip hilarious hippo metaphor>
>
> I liked that :-))
>
> very accurately sums up some of the problems...
>
> Although I'm not sure they're problems with the method binding this
> thread was about.
>
> The problems you describe seem to be with Acquistion in general. Other
> than that, I don't have the answers :-(
>
> Any ideas, anyone?

I think that the binding control will address many of the
problems that Toby raised. It boiled down to this:

  - Some bits of code are designed to work on specific objects
    or kinds of objects. The binding control will allow authors
    to make sure that these are applied to the expected
    objects.

  - Some bits are designd to be reusable in any context.
    Authors will still be able to create these.  Note that
    authors will be able to do this even when the bits are
    used as "sub-templates".

Jim