[Zope-dev] Unique and Contant object IDs

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:35:18 +0200

Hi Zen-guys,

Is there an unique object ID in the ZODB that remains constant in all times
through out the life time of the ZODB?
And if so, where is it created and how do I access it? In other word how do I use it?

I can vaguely recall seeing something called OID.

I need it to track discussions related to an object, but stored in a
SQL-database. I been pondering a traversal interface in the "commentable"
objects, that would give the illusion that the discussion items really are object
agregated in the "commentable".

I also guess this could be something ZPatterns could solve in the future?

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson