[Zope-dev] Migrating from ZClasses to Python Products

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:16:30 GMT

Shane:

> > > Andy McKay writes:
> > >
> > > Well the number of objects doesnt really matter, but migrating it from
> > > ZClass to Python - Ive never heard of that happening. It would be a cool
> > > project though.
>
> The hard part (which probably isn't very hard after all :-) ) is writing
> the product that performs the same function as the ZClass. Once that's
> done, a fifteen-line external method (that doesn't use any special
> voodoo) can convert all instances.
>
> Shane

Perhaps what I should do is just get the data out, and create new instances
all via an external method.  The migration isn't really a 1 for 1
situation. I am trying to address shortcomings like not having a
"dictionary" type property in Zope properties, etc.. So the implementation
will be different anyway.  I guess an export to XML gives me all the data
in the objects, right?  Then I could use that as a map to construct new
instances in a different implementation.

Thanks for all the answers,

Jason