[Zope-dev] HiperDOM example (objlink, that is) ?

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 04:38:54 -0200

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 07:48:32AM +0200, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> perhaps I'm too stupid, but I don't grok how the objlink method in the
> HiperDOM example has to look like. Could somebody post an example ?

You're not too stupid; this isn't documented (yet). Perhaps
some people would be inclined to tell you to read the source
code and then call you stupid, but not me ;-)

The objlink method gets one parameter, which is a DOM Node
object (for info on those, look for the docs on the PyXML
suite). It is expect to return either a Node object or a
string; there is a weird API which allows it to return a
dictionary, but you really don't want to use that before the
documentation is in place.

If you're inclined to reading the source, there's better
documentation there (in the form of comments). Look for
do_method() in HiperDomStrategies.py

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar