[Zope-dev] Call for a creation_datetime property!

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:58:44 +1100

It is really a painful thing to do without.  I realize I can add this
capability to factories of my own objects but I don't want to have to create
my own versions of dtml-document and everything else just to ensure that a
creation date is kept. I've tried using transaction logs but this is very
dodgy for the following reasons. 1) An object can be created by many
different methods. Its guess work working out which created the object. 2)
The odb can be packed and then you've just lost your creation date.

Can anyone give a good reason not to include this property as a standard for
all ZODB objects?

----
Dylan Jay                           Tel:   +61 2 9886-8961
Avaya Communication                 FAX:   +61 2 9352 9224
Level 5, 15 Talavera Road           Mobile:+61 409 606 171
Nth Ryde, NSW, 2113                 ICQ:   520341
AUSTRALIA