[Zope-dev] Traversal Questions ;-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:52:33 +0100

Evan Simpson wrote:

> From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
> > It looks like REQUEST.steps is the replacement for PARENTS?
> > Is that so?

<snip REQUEST.steps isn't PARENTS replacement>

Okay, so given that PARENTS is living in a 'deprecated' list on the
Interfaces Wiki, what are we supposed to use instead?!

> Agreed.  Jim pretty much mandated a name that (1) lives in 'other', rather
> than being an attribute, and therefore (2) is very, very unlikely to clash
> with other people's REQUEST variable names.

I know there's gonna be good reason for this, but could someone explain
it to me...

> "_SUPPRESS_SITEROOT" and/or "_SUPPRESS_ACCESSRULE" into your URL in order to
> turn off a single SiteAccess object (the one which would have triggered at
> that point in the URL).

Oooo... is that documented anywhere?

> I didn't spend a whole lot of time fortifying it.  It's just meant to be an
> example, after all.  I wasn't expecting so many people to paste it into
> their applications without understanding what it does. :-)

You'd be surprised...

...anyway, I thought you would have remembered given all the fun we had
trying to get FTP access to work with SiteAccess ;-)

cheers,

Chris