[Zope-dev] Acquisition in a DTML Tag

Brett Carter brett@kavi.com
06 Sep 2000 16:41:17 -0700

    Brett> I've defined my own dtml tag (i.e. <dtml-foo></dtml-foo>)
    Brett> and I am trying to look up an object depending on the
    Brett> arguments passed to my tag.  The python class that defines
    Brett> the tag inherits from Acquisition.Implicit, but 'self'
    Brett> doesn't contain any of the Acquisition hiarchy.  It seems
    Brett> like this must be possible, since the <dtml-var> tag must
    Brett> have to do an object lookup somewhere for objects passed to
    Brett> it to render.  Can anybody shed some light on this?  Is it
    Brett> doable?  TIA -Brett

Ok, So after some *major* hacking, i've realized that the 'md' passed
into the render() method of my dtml tag contains the namespace, and is
of type 'TemplateDict' which appears to contain a stack of
'MultiMapping's.  Weird.  Well, anyways, I just used the 'has_key' and
'getitem' methods to lookup my item.  The question now is how do I
create a new object in the current namespace?  It looks like the
TemplateDict is a read-only type of data structure.  Anybody?  TIA
-Brett