[Zope-dev] DCOracleStorage: problems running Full.sql

Matthew T. Kromer matt@digicool.com
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:59:01 -0400

Roman Milner wrote:

> I'm trying to get DCOracleStorage up and running, but I'm getting
> errors trying to run Full.sql.  I know didly about plsql, so I
> apalogize if this is obvious.
>
> When I run Full.sql I get the following errros.  Does this mean my
> oracle installation is missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> ^Roman

> Table created.
>
> Table created.
>
> Index created.
>
> Commit complete.
>
> Package created.
>
> No errors.
>
> Warning: Package Body created with compilation errors.
>
> create package body zodb_methods as
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist
>
> No errors.
> ORA-24323: value not allowed
> Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
> ERROR:
> ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

Offhand, I'd say that represents a goofed oracle install.
Sadly, goofing the oracle install is easy to do.  I've tried
DCORacleStorage against 8.1 and had no problems getting Full.SQL
to run, but I have not tried it against 8.0.