[Zope-dev] SkinScript, and family

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 07:01:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi Bill,

   I doubt that skinscript is going to help with 'potentially
complicated calculations'. Skin Script works with ZPatterns
(Specifically DataSkins) to provide control over how attributes of
DataSkins are gotten, and stored. They are normally pretty simple

"if THIS then THAT"

kinds of things (basically a set of one line expressions that handle
substitutions that occur under various circumstances... ). It would
be a lot easier to answer your question if you could elaborate a bit
on the 'get me what I want' part of your query. ;-) The best documentation
I've seen yet is an email from pje about the current implementation:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2000-July/006201.html

Hope that helps...

-steve