[Zope-dev] Size of Data.fs - and crypto.

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
10 Sep 2000 20:41:31 GMT

In article <87lmx02s6w.fsf@src.no>, Erik Enge  <erik@esol.no> wrote:

> Another thing.  Have anyone tried to encrypt all data inside the
> Data.fs file?  I mean, encrypted the data so that not even root can
> access it, only if you have the right passphrase (or whatever) in the
> management interface are you allowed access to the data.
>
> Anyone tried anything like that?

You could encrypt the objects (but not the metadata) easily by using the
same layering technique as CompressedStorage. Replace the part the calls
zlib with something that calls rotor, or some other encryption module.

Of course, you still have to have the decryption somewhere where zope
can get to it.