[Zope-dev] User Info Folder Product Released

Didier Frick didier@dfr.ch
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:54:13 +0200

Hi all,

I just released a Zope product, but since I'm a Zope newbie I'm still wondering
whether there is something fundamentally wrong with my idea or not.

Could someone check that thing and tell me whether I'm completely off base ?

I'm pretty sure there would be a way to solve the same problem using ZPatterns,
but I'm still at the very beginning of the learning curve, so I'd rather do
with something without too many dependencies.

Anyway, here's the product's blurb:

User Info Folders maintain a collection of ZClasses synchronized
with a user folder. You can specify the name of the product and the
name of the ZClass in this product. The User Info Folder will then
automatically maintain one instance of the specified ZClass for each
user in the "nearest" User Folder in the hierarchy
(the acquired 'acl_users' object).
This can be very useful if you want to create ZClasses
representing user-specific information: an instance
of this ZClass will be automatically maintained by the
User Info Folder for each user, allowing it to be referenced
by URLs.

The URL for the product is
http://www.zope.org/Members/did/UserInfoFolder

Thanks for your feedback,

                                 Didier
--
Didier Frick
Freelance Software Developer & Consultant