[Zope-dev] DISCUSS: XHTML Templates proposal

jpenny@universal-fasteners.com jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:44:11 -0400

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 04:55:53PM -0700, Paul Everitt wrote:

> pje@telecommunity.com wrote:
> > IMHO, view, page, and stylesheet don't make the grade due to
> > conflicts/confusion with unrelated technologies (e.g. MVC, "server pages",
> > CSS, etc.).
>
> On the other hand, reading the "What is styles?" material at:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/Style/
>
> ...makes me think that the goals of the people using these things (site
> designers) are the same as the goals of the audience described for
> stylesheets.  That is, these are things that control the presentation.
>
> --Paul

This might be a great idea, but..., could we have a pledge that
DTML not be killed?  It might prove to be a real inconvenience
(understatement) to those of us who are abusing Zope to do
general web application work (and don't really care about
site design, in the usual sense of the word)!

DTML might be an ugly, warty, hard to believe it sprang from
Python little beasty, but it is a familiar little beasty.
(And thanks for giving it to us, by the way!)