[Zope-dev] HiperDOM & xmlc

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:42:00 -0400

lalo@hackandroll.org wrote:
> BTW, please don't call the solution "xHTML Template"; it's not
> xHTML, it's generic XML - it can easily be used for RSS or WML
> or MathML or NewsML for example.

While it *can* be used that way (just as DTML can be used to send mail
messages), that's not the real intent of this proposal nor is that the
real audience.  Our proposal it focused on letting HTML-oriented people
with HTML-oriented tools create compliant stuff for the presentation
job.

At the same time, the markup must be compliant XML or it won't work.
The W3C has a term for the intersection of these two spaces: XHTML. :^)

Finally, I think the notion of XHTML stylesheets (or templates) could
really catch flight beyond Zope, which would be good for everybody.

--Paul