[Zope-dev] I feel your Wiki Pain ;-)

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:37:04 +0100

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:27:33 -0400 (EDT), Ken Manheimer
<klm@digicool.com> wrote:

>(Not sure that will scale, but creating new lists for each proposal
>definitely won't scale.

I dont see this as a problem: You only create a new list when the
traffic for that proposal gets too great for zope-dev. Threading is
good enough before that point.

You cant do that with todays Wikis, which need to capture the whole
discussion right from the beginning (IMO)

>Note that there's been a *number* of places in this recent WikiNG
>discussion where' i've cited existing passages that directly address
>people's points.  I don't mean to complain - i think that's one cost
>increased by disconnecting the discussion and the document.

I think you (inadvertantly) provide evidence for my objection that
Todays Wikis fragment discussion. Speaking as the person who started
this thread, I didnt realise my comments would affect WikiNG until you
suggested the issue.

The inclusive nature of a mailing list is what makes it a useful
community resource.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com