[Zope-dev] Workflow, Python and Zope

administrator@consotec.de administrator@consotec.de
20 Sep 00 13:57:16 UT

--------------1DD2510B41FE

Here I just repost a statement from Michael (wftk@vivtek.com) concerning
his workflow product (http://www.vivtek.com/wftk.html, Open-source workflow toolkit).
Maybe it's useful for some further developments.
Best regards
   Arno Gross, arno.gross@consotec.de

> Re: Workflow, Python and Zope
> Posted By: Michael <wftk@vivtek.com>
> Date: Tuesday, 19 September 2000, at 10:08 p.m.

> > As Josh already mentioned there is Zope and Python. Currently there is a
> > discussion thread in the Zope mailing list
> > (http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev) and in egroups:
> > http://www.egroups.com/messagesearch/zope?query=3DWorkflow, discussing
> > Generic Workflow. I am convinced that it would be a great shift to build a
> > Workflow product on Zope with Python. There is already a small basis of a
> > workflow, but maybe we could pull together the resources.
>
> > Arno Gross arno.gross@constotec.de
>
> Actually, I'm currently learning Python. As Python is typically extended with plain-vanilla C >
modules, and as the new and improved wftk (which hasn't hit stores yet) is reimplemented as a >
set of libraries, I think that it's going to be really simple to drop the engine into Python >
and Zope. That'll be my next trick.

--------------1DD2510B41FE--