[Zope-dev] adding local roles to folders within a Product

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:13:41 +0100

I have a ZClass-based product.

The folder (should I be calling this an Application Object? :-) ) that
contains all the product methods and objects that are accessible via the
web has some local roles defined on it.

I'm making a sort of Wizard to instantiate a new application instance.
This happens by copying an empty application folder from within the
ZClass product, to a chosen place in the standard part of the ZODB
object heirarchy.

I want to define the local roles on the "prototype" folder that is
inside my Product. However, when I go to
Control_Panel/Products/MyProduct/prototype/manage_access, I get the "map
permissions to permissions" screen, rather than the "map permissions to
roles, and define local roles" screen.

Can I define local roles on my prototype folder -- perhaps using an
external method, or DTML API calls to do it?

Or, is there some reason that local roles don't make sense within
products, and so I have to copy my prototype folder to elsewhere in the
ZODB, and then set the local roles?

--
Steve Alexander
Software Enigineer